COVID-19 Updates & Resources
Impact on Creative Northland
The Creative Northland staff & board are working hard to keep up with the latest COVID-19 updates and how this impacts the Creative Industry in Northland and across New Zealand.
We are currently in Alert Level 4 as of 12:00am, the 26th of March 2020.
There are now over 500 cases of COVID-19 which is constantly increasing – we have transmission within our communities.
The reality we must take action, and break the chain of community transmission and protect ourselves. We can stop this spread by staying at home – now is the time to ACT.
As a non essential business we must close our doors and the team will work remotely from home during the self-isolation period.
These measures will be in placed for approximately 4 weeks
What will Creative Northland do over the next few weeks?
- Reach out to our creative community by phone or email to find out how you are and what are you are doing during the pandemic & self-isolation period.
- Send out a regional survey to assess the impact COVID-19 on our Arts Organisations & Arts Practitioners.
- Refocus our weekly E-newletter providing relevant updates around COVID-19 and what Creative Northland is doing.
- Create and share digital resources & activities
- Strive to stay connected with our networks & be an open communication channel for the Creative Community.
There are lots of resources becoming available, we have compiled links to the most relevant resources at present to our community.
- What you need to know about COVID-19
- Creative New Zealand’s response to COVID-19
- The government’s economic response package for businesses and organisations
- Whangarei District Council’s Essential Covid-19 Information
- Northland Business Support Channel
- The 9 best online collaboration tools for remote workers
- 8 artist hacks to adopt the ‘new normal’
- Aotearoa Arts and Events during the COVID-19 Crisis – Facebook Group