The 2018 NZ Art Show will be Queen’s Birthday Weekend, June 1 – 4, 2018 and all artists are encouraged to enter.
Heading into its 15th year, the NZ Art Show continues its reign of success: over 10,000 attendees each year cementing the show as New Zealand’s number 1 show of its kind; around $1 million dollars in art sales each year sees around $750,000 going back to the artists.
Applications for the 2018 show are now open and organisers are seeking contemporary artists with something fresh and interesting to offer art lovers. The show is one of the best platforms for artists to showcase their art to thousands of people; and it’s popular with art buyers as nothing is more than $5,000.
Artists can head to our website for all information about exhibition categories and exhibition fees, and application form here. The application process is very simple but it does include a small application fee.
Are any of your artists currently studying art at a recognised art school, or recently graduated? They might like to apply for our new initiative Emergent 2018
- A special section dedicated to art students
- Limited to 40 artists
- Artists currently studying at a recognized art school, or recently graduated, are eligible
- No fees to apply or exhibit – but commission on sales is 35%
- You may apply for both Emergent 2018 AND the show itself
o If selected for both, you may exhibit in both
- All participating artists are automatically entered in the draw for one of the RT Nelson Emerging Artist Awards – four awards of $2,500
o Established in 2012 by Wellington businessman and philanthropist RT Nelson
- Information about Emergent 2018, and application form – here
The RT Nelson Emerging Artist Award:
- Four prizes of $2,500 for art students
- Established in 2012 by Wellington businessman and philanthropist RT Nelson
- Artists participating in Emergent 2018 are eligible for this award
Brendan Foot Signature Piece Art Award
- Formerly the Signature Piece Art Award, we are fortunate to have the backing of Brendan Foot Supersite sponsoring the award.
- Cash prize of $3,000 for the best artwork in the show as voted by the attendees
- All artworks in the show are automatically entered in the draw for this award – no need to make a formal application
- Just prior to the show opening to the public, the jury panel select their top ten artworks
- Attendees vote for their favourite from the top ten over the course of the weekend
Please note that all applications go though a selection process, so making an application does not automatically guarantee entry into the show.