DANZ – Dance Aotearoa New Zealand
- Details about programmes which offer dance support for both individuals and groups are available on DANZ’s website.
Heritage New Zealand
- Visit Heritage New Zealand’s website for details about funding for heritage protection offered by various agencies.
Generosity New Zealand
- Generosity New Zealand provides online search tools which offer access to nearly $4 billion of funds. Relevant products are givME offering access to more than 4,000 scholarships and awards for individuals and givUS which lists more than 1,200 grants and schemes for communities, volunteer organisations, schools, groups, sport clubs and Iwi. View a map of New Zealand to see where you can freely access these websites at public venues.
- A range of grants and fellowships are available to support local initiatives and community services. Visit communitymatters.govt.nz to find out more about grant funding.
Ministry for Culture and Heritage
- The Ministry supports oral history and published history projects through two awards along with contestable funding for regional museums and art galleries as well as for groups commemorating the annual Waitangi Day celebrations.
New Zealand Film Commission
- The Commission provides loans and equity financing to New Zealand filmmakers to assist in the development and production of feature films and short films.
NZ On Air
NZ On Air funds diverse local content on television and online including digital, music and radio. Their digital media fund offers support for innovative, interactive content and applications, including web and mobile applications, software, games, transmedia and multi-platform projects.
Sport New Zealand
- Sport New Zealand’s directory lists potential sport and recreation funding sources some of which are also available for community groups and individuals carrying out a range of activities.
- Te Papa’s National Services Te Paerangi offers grants to New Zealand museums, galleries and iwi to foster growth and new connections across the sector.
Region Specific Grants
Here are some other local government grants that are available for potential community based arts, culture, heritage projects.
Whangarei District Council:
- Performing Arts Fund and Community Fund: click here
Far North District Council
- Community funding: https://www.fndc.govt.nz/services/community/community-fund
Kaipara District Council
- Community Assistance: http://www.kaipara.govt.nz/Your+Council/Grants+and+Funds.html